Tuesday 3 April 2012

Graphite and feathers...

A few more sketches I've been working on at the moment....
A little graphite view of the Glasgow skyline. My crane tower is a little wobbly but I drew this very late at night and my mind was wobbly! Very fitting grey colour for Glasgow...
I'm reading a book at the moment in which the main female character during puberty actually develops a pair of wings. I've not finished the book yet, but so far its been her account of learning how to use them, her first steps into flight and how her wings grow as she does. It inspired me to draw this lady here...
I'm really drawn to stories that are set in the real world with real people but have this little element of fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I love watching and reading about fully fantastical worlds with creatures upon creatures.

I dont know, I guess I just really like the idea that one of these extraordinary characters could exsist in our world.

No comments: