Friday 1 June 2012

Bricks, Bricks, Bricks...

Bricks- every scenic painter encounters them at some point in their career!
I've medled with bricks a few times so far- plastic ones, sawdust ones, 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional and my recent job was no exception! Shiny bricks!!!

However my job particular role for the past few days has been to paint in between the lines. On my hands and knees with a little paintbrush and my steady hand!
 I'm really excited about this show as it is for NTS. Its going to be playing at the Tramway for a few weeks, then the company is going over to New York. We had to make a duplicate to send over there, which meant- oh yes, double the brick fun!
I'm actually not going to get to see it over here in Scotland as I'll be in New York for summer so I'm hoping I'll be able to catch it when opens over there.  It'll be kinda weird seeing a show I painted in a little warehouse in Glasgow onstage in New York. I guess its one of those bizarre moments life presents you with...
Hopefully once the show is open I'll be able to post a bit more about with some better pictures!

No comments: